Valais apricot custard tart
For 8 persons
- 1 to 1½ kg Valais apricots
- 100g icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5dl milk
- 2cl AOC Valais apricot eau-de-vie
- 100g sugar
- Cut the apricots in two and remove the stones.
- Place a layer of apricots with the rounded side facing downwards in a buttered soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Place a second layer of apricots, sprinkle with icing sugar and continue like this until the top of the dish is reached.
- Beat the eggs with the eau-de-vie. Whilst continuing to beat, add the previously warmed and sweetened milk.
- Pour the mixture over the apricots.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes over a very low heat until the mixture becomes solid.
- Leave to cool and then remove from the dish.